A well designed and adequate power supply is a fundamental requirement for all works in any steel plant. The planning phase of the power distribution system should be guided, first and foremost by process knowledge. We create a solid design basis for your distribution solutions by using our extensive know-how in the fields of high, medium, and low-voltage systems, along with the specific needs of your technological processes, design philosophies and maintenance requirements. We provide safe energy supply throughout the plant by meeting and exceeding industry leading safety standards and codes. Our solutions are tailor-made to provide maximum reliability and availability by using rugged power distribution configurations.
Substations Designed for Metals Industry凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
An integrated approach
Placement, size and ratings of high voltage equipment and configuration of the substation are designed in conjunction with power distribution requirements and Utility requirements. This results in an overall coherent and optimized system.
Flexibility in scope
Primetals Technologies offers basic engineering to complete turnkey solutions based on customer requirements. By scope from initial planning, to detailed engineering, construction, and final commissioning, Primetals Technologies provides ease of execution, efficiency, and minimum risk.
- Turnkey substations
- System analysis and consulting
- Substation automation
- Protection & Control Panels
- Grounding and Lightning protection
- Layout Design and 3D Modeling
- Conventional upgrades
- Retrofit solutions
- Installation design and engineering
- Civil, Structure engineering and onstruction
- Training support
- Testing and Maintenance
- Single point of contact for complete system design, installation, commissioning, energization and maintenance.
- Substation configuration and equipment selection based on process knowledge
Power solutions for present and future needs凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
Power distribution system design includes selection of utilization voltages, load demand factors, cable and transformer sizing, power system analysis, power quality, emergency power sources, and energy management systems.
Safety is of utmost importance in power system design. Our PE licensed engineering team establishes compliance with local codes and standards to ensure safety of the personnel and property from hazards arising from the use of electricity
The selection of system arrangements has a profound impact on reliability and maintainability of the system. Commonly used topologies are:
- Ring Bus
Minimum initial investment and maintenance cost
Primetals Technologies works with customers to provide cost optimized and effective electrical systems. Although equipment and installation costs are primary contributors to initial investments, in large complex systems, operation and maintenance costs become critical.
Power Quality solutions with scope from design to complete turn-key installation.凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
Filters are used to provide power factor correction and/or harmonic mitigation. Typical configurations are:
- Active or Static Filters
- Outdoor installation or indoor installation
- Air core reactors or Iron Core
- Filter yards or completely enclosed filter installation
Static VAr Compensators (SVC)凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
SVCs are placed near high and rapidly varying loads, such as arc furnaces, where they can provide voltage stabilization, reactive power control, power factor improvement, flicker mitigation and total harmonic distortion reduction.
Typical ratings of SVCs in the metals industry:
- 11kV to 35kV
- 25 MVAr to 250 MVAr:
Static Synchronous Compensators (STATCOM)凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
STATCOMs are Voltage Source Converter (VSC) based systems. They, like SVCs, provide voltage stabilization, reactive power control, power factor improvement, flicker mitigation and total harmonic distortion reduction with the following additional features and benefits:
- Higher flicker reduction factor
- Lesser harmonic filter requirement
- Allows for loads to be fed from weaker transmission systems
- Smaller footprint allows for real estate savings and lower installation costs
Power Monitoring, Control and Automation凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) solutions offered by Primetals Technologies allow energy management, power monitoring, and process automation systems to combine into a single system.
- Seamless data exchange between process and power automation systems
- Increased data availability for analytics and big data processing
Cost efficient and robust
Our system is completely vendor agnostic and is compatible with modern protection and metering devices. All major communications protocols such as IEC61850, MODBUS, PROFIBUS, DNP3 are supported for data exchange.
Time synchronization and Trending凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
Trending, storage and retrieval of important values such as alarms, currents, voltages etc. are easily configurable as per operator requirements.
All devices are time synchronized to a central clock and all alarms are time stamped. This allows for quick event diagnosis and fault analysis.
Primetals Technologies’ SCADA solutions are scalable from a single device to thousands of devices or equipment. With such flexibility and scalability, we are able to provide solutions tailored to very small or very large systems, thereby satisfying any and all customer needs.
Comprehensive portfolio and experience in the field of industrial power system analysis凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
Primetals Technologies offers a wide range of analysis services which cover all aspects of power systems in the metals industries. Power system modeling and analysis is performed using popular commercial software such as SKM, ETAP, and EasyPower.
- Load flow analysis
- Short circuit analysis
- Protective device coordination
- Arc flash hazard analysis
- Motor starting analysis
- Power factor analysis
- Harmonic analysis
- Furnace transformer circle diagrams
- SVC sizing
- Transient analysis
- RC element sizing
- Lightning and insulation coordination
Single source power solutions integrator凤凰彩票平台手机版,凤凰彩票开奖APP,凤凰彩票开奖下载
Process requirements along with utility limitations impose various constraints in the design of power systems. Primetals Technologies works with you to navigate these meticulous details and develops tailor made solutions suitable for your plant.
- Development of specifications including drawings, bill of material and layouts.
- Engineering packages to develop room layouts and installation drawings
- Cable engineering, routing optimization and installation
- Power system modeling and analysis
- Protection relay co-ordination and settings
- Design, supply, testing and maintenance of electrical equipment
- Power quality solutions
- Installation engineering, site supervision and installation
- Civil engineering, structural engineering and construction
- Expansion of existing system, conventional upgrade and retrofit solutions
- Training support and spare parts
- Testing and Maintenance
- Customized solution for cost efficient, reliable and safe design
- Power system solutions specific to steel industries requirement
- Working AS One with mechanical group to develop turnkey solutions for customers
- Single source electrical system integrator leads to effortless execution for end customer